Sunday 13 September 2009

Get on the scales

I had some free time so I went about weighing everything we have removed from the car. I only have some bathroom scales so the measurements aren’t very accurate – I had to stand on it with the items held in my hand then subtract my own weight.


The following is how much each bit weighed (in kg):

  • Dash 3
  • 2 seat belts 3
  • 2 seats 28
  • Main carpet 4
  • Spare wheel 8
  • Tools in boot 2
  • Fan unit 2
  • Centre console 2
  • Car Mats 3
  • Speakers 3
  • Rear carpets 4
  • Door cards 3
  • Stereo 1
  • Bits and bobs 1
  • Trim 1

Total: 68kg

37kg when seats and belts put back in.


At the moment we have to use the existing seats and seat belts, but the ideal solution will be to replace with some light weight bucket seats and install some 4 point harnesses. I recon the bucket seats would be about half the weight of the current ones and the harnesses, again half the weight of the existing seat belts.


Time to look around for some bucket seats!

No comments:

Post a Comment