Saturday 8 August 2009

Gunk!

I bought some Gunk remover to clean the underside of the engine which may help isolate the oil leak. I love products that do exactly what they are meant to do, and this stuff works wonders.


Cover any exposed electrical connections with cling-film and make sure the area is well ventilated (it’s not fun breathing it in or getting near your eyes!). I started spraying it on the thickly covered sump and it ran started pouring off.


With the help of a toothbrush and scrubbing brush and 1 empty can later the bottom of the engine was oil and grime free!

Will have to see if any oil appears on the sump again.


Whilst under the car I noticed a hole appearing in the exhaust pipe, and a small crack in a bolt support near the front of the engine.


I forgot to take some pictures of what it looked before, but this was it after using Gunk. Notice hole appearing in exhaust.





No comments:

Post a Comment