Sunday 16 August 2009

You will not beat me!

Time for a re-think with these front callipers. Time to get serious!


I take off the whole calliper so I can work on it easier and file down the nut so there is a nice flat edge on each side of it. I give it some WD40 to try and penetrate it. Then placed it on the gas hob and heated up the calliper for a little while. Squirted cold water on the bleed nipple, then tried turning it with a nice new adjustable spanner…. It works!


I get the first bleed nipple off. We already had some replacement bleed nipples so I try them for size but to my horror find they don’t fit!


OK, we’ll have to order some new nipples and fit them next weekend. In the mean time I take off the other front calliper and repeat the same trick and get the other nipple out.


To do: Order 2 M8 x 1.00mm bleed nipples


Photo showing the old rusty nipple and the replacement that didn't fit.




No comments:

Post a Comment